Friday, May 1, 2009

My take on business communication

If I was asked this question, "What is your thought on Business Communication". I would answer "Just what I was looking for, to prepare myself for the fierce and demanding working world".
Business communication teaches me the 5 methods of communication: written,verbal,visual images,multimedia and gestures, and its importance in gaining the attention of the receipient. In this modern era, the use of conventional method of communication,like verbal, is not enough. We now have to take advantage of advancement achieved in computer field, the multimedia.
Business communication that im learning right now in uniten, also gives me the opportunity to speak in front of a crowd,which was declined to me during my primary and secöndary school days. Without the valuable experiences, like all my other friends, I grew along with a "tumor", called, "stage fear ophobia". I was diagnosed with that "disease" during my muet test. Thank god it wasn't critical.
Business communication also taught me the importance of cover letter in promoting myself to the human resources of a company. Also the "TEN COMMANDMENTS" of reaping success in communication. I also learned to kiss, not kissing but k.i.s.s ,which means keep it short and simple.
I can go on and on about business communication because of it's praticality in real world, but like any good subject it need to be taught effectively, so that it's content can be absorbed by students. This job of teaching is done perfectly by my lecturer, Mr. YJ. His mix of sarcasm and profesionalisme, helps us to enjoy the his lecture. Thank you, sir.
Again, "what is my thought on business communication?". My answer, "just what i was looking for"

By: khairul @ k-rul

No comments:

Post a Comment